News, introspective, insight & opinion from around the NFL & NCAA

News, introspective, insight & opinion from around the NFL & NCAA

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Hate Kevin Faulk!

Kevin Faulk.  Kevin Faulk.  Kevin Faulk.  Kevin Faulk.....

I can’t begin to tell you how much I hate Kevin Faulk. I hate to say his name and I hate to think about him. Watching the game this past Monday night made me sick. I can’t stand the guy. When he walks on the field I want to vomit.

Why you say...? He doesn't put up monster stats against your team?  And Monday night he only had 2 rushes for 7 yards and 6 catches for 51 yards.  What’s the big deal?

Well here’s the thing. I am a HUGE Jets fan. And more than any player that the Patriots have, I am jealous that they have Kevin Faulk.

I’m not jealous that they have Tom Brady, Randy Moss or Wes Welker etc. (they have a lot of great players) but it kills me that the Pats have Kevin Faulk.

For the last decade now, this guy has been the best player in football that no one talks about. The guy walks on to the field on third and 7 with everyone in the stadium and watching on TV knowing that Tom Brady is going to dump the ball off to him at about 4 yards, and that he is going to get the 1st down and he does it anyway.

He does it in the pre season, the regular season, the playoffs, the Superbowl. He probably does it to his kids in his back yard. The guy just does what it takes to win all the time and my team never seems to have a player like that.

I know it’s not literally true, but my perception is that he never misses an opportunity to stick a dagger in the other team’s heart. He’s clutch, he catches everything thrown in his vicinity and gets every necessary yard he needs each and every time he touches the ball.

He’s been at it since 1999 when he was drafted by the Patriots out of LSU and I’m sick of it. Even when the Patriots don’t score, he extends drives wearing defenses down or takes time off the clock. A 4 yard draw play to extend a drive here, a 9 yard catch and run to set up a field goal there. He gets out of bounds when he needs to stop the clock, he stays in when he needs to let the clock run. He catches it high, low, anywhere his hands can reach and sometimes even where they can’t. He’s not flashy and does not put up the best overall stats, but in crunch time he always comes through. No one talks about it but he’s an integral part of why the Patriots have been so good for so long and have won all these championships. The guys is the Derek Jeter of football.

Watching the Patriots vs. Bills the other night made me sick because I could see him doing the same thing this week against my Jets. He always does. If I had one player that I wished would miss this week’s Jets vs. Pats game it would not be Brady, Moss, Wilfork, Welker or any of the obvious great players they have it would be Faulk.

He’s a great player and I hate his guts because he's on my biggest rival.

I never whish for bad things to happen to people and on a personal level I really don't wish anything bad for Kevin Faulk - I'm sure he's a nice guy. But my team neads a win this weekend and I don't see how they do it if this guy plays so I need to do what I need to do to help out.

I am hereby officially putting on the Costa HEX on Kevin Faulk in the public domain. (Sorry Kevin.... well not really....) You can call it cheating and that's fine because I've just about lost all my morals at this point and Costa HEX works all the time (goes back generations in my family - it's the one talent we Costa's have - kind of a grandpa Munster thing)

Kevin Faulk, you are a gamer and I would take you on my team any day. But you are not on my team and my team needs a win.
"Kevin, I hope you get hemorrhoids real bad and can’t play this weekend."
There, I did it. The Costa HEX in in effect (there is only one way to take it off and I'm not telling :) – Peter Costa
Pete is a serious baseball Rotisserie participant playing the same league with the same guys for 17 years. Not only has Peter never finished in the money; he’s finished last 13 times and no higher than 10th (in a league with 14 guys). We’ve been following Pete’s trials, tribulations and frustrations on Around The Horn as he attempted to navigate his way out of the basement in 2009 (didn’t happen) and now he’s trying his luck at Fantasy football. Can’t blame a guy for trying right? Good luck Pete, you’re gonna need it…….
----------
Have a Fantasy Football or Rotisserie Baseball question? Want to know who to pick up, who to activate and who the hot prospects are? Ask Dr. Roto. Let Dr. Roto guide your team to a league championship!
BallHype: hype it up! FantasySportsBlips: vote it up! Top Blogs TheSports100.com | Sports Toplist Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Show Your Support

Please Show Your Support
If you like what you read, please cast a vote at one or more of these sites to help our distribution.
Click Home for all Blog posts or search BLOG ARCHIVES in the Right Sidebar for more Blogs